It seems like everytime I walk into church or work lately, I am always asked at least a handful of times where we are moving after our time is up here in Ohio (T minus 2.5 months in case you were counting). It almost has gotten to the point that I feel like I should just take a black magic marker and write it on my forehead that WE DO NOT KNOW!
We have been hoping to hear about a job that we went and checked out back in January, and now I can say that it's almost time to forward our mail...because NATE HAS A JOB! We are truly blessed and after lots of prayers, Nate has signed a contract and in a few short months we will be moving to Washington. In fact, I have a one way flight out of Ohio 2 months from today!
Look down to the area just West of Kennewick/Pasco/Richland (the Tri-Cities). That's where we'll call home :)
We are ready for this next big step in our lives and excited about exploring new places and meeting new people. After our experiences here in Ohio, we know how fun it can be to live in a new place, and are ready to embrace new things :)
The place Nate will be working at is called Community Dental. It is 3 different offices, and hopefully he will get to do some bouncing around from office to office from time-to-time to create a little variety. To start off, he will be working in a city called Sunnyside, and will be seeing all kids! He never thought this was what he wanted, but recently he has been working with a lot of pediatric cases and has really enjoyed it. As time continues on, he will work in at least one of the other offices and see more adults as well. The practice also incorporates General Anesthesia for kids and orthodontics, so he'll get to work with many wonderful professionals. We can tell already that he is going to get along really well with those he will be working with.
There were a few criteria I set for Nate when he began looking for a job (proximity to things mostly). I have been so spoiled in Columbus being within a 20 minute drive to ANY STORE you'd ever want to go to (many of them are within walking distance from our condo), 3 great malls, amazing restaurants, an amazing zoo and water park, an amazing science museum for children, proximity to lots of amazing cities to visit, 10 minute drive to the temple, incredible parks EVERYWHERE, professional sports teams of all kinds to go see, beautiful scenery, THE BUCKEYES, the list goes on and on. Needless to say, the next place we moved had a lot to live up to!
The Tri-Cities may not have EVERYTHING Columbus has had, but a change of pace will be great as well. It is also a 8-9 hour drive back to Ogden, which was definitely in my criteria. I don't even want to think about how much has been spent in plane tickets over the past 4 years, and with 2 kids now to pay for here shortly (and more in the future hopefully), I don't know if we'd ever be able to afford it!
Things I am excited about:
New places to see! Seattle, Portland, British Columbia, trips to the Oregon Coast, and you better believe I will make it on over to Forks and relive some Twilight magic :)
The temple. It is always nice to know that a temple is close by. The Columbia River temple sits in the Tri-Cities, and we hope to frequent it often!
Great Mexican Food! One thing Ohio does not have is great Mexican food. We have found one place out here so far that has amazing tacos, but that's about it! With all the migrant farm workers out in wine country, they brought along their amazing cuisine...we ate at 2 yummy places when we were out there in January.
Change. Change really is a good thing. Being thrown into the Ohio lifestyle has been great for me. I have got to bear my testimony and share my beliefs with many of my co-workers and patients. I have been able to change some people's perspectives of what they thought Mormons were. Change forces us to do things we may have never had the chance to do before. It is easy to become comfortable in our situations and lifestyles, being challenged is how I have learned to come out of my shell :)
Not to mention change also means change of career for me :) I am throwing myself a semi-retirement party in combination with Nate's graduation party. The crazy step-down floor I've been working on for a while has been wearing me down...I could get used to just doing the mommy thing for a while :)
So the next time you decide to drive through Washington (or take a vacation to Portland or Seattle, we will be living about 3 hours away from each) give us a call, we'd be glad drive on over and hang out! We will always have a room available for anyone willing to come visit as well :) He starts work July 1st, so anytime after that...COME ON OVER!
7 comments:
Congrats. I'm so excited for you guys. can't wait to hear about your adventures.
Congratulations for a lot of things! To Nate for officially having a job--to you for getting a semi-retirement :)
You will really love Washington--just look at all those beautiful photos. I will say the same to you, when you're on your way up to BC, stop by Bellingham!
so excited for yalL!! yay, a new place to visit for us!! so happy for yall getting to move onto the next chapter! very exciting!!
Yay!!! I can't believe this is all really happening! It looks beautiful and I think you guys will really love it there! This is all so exciting except for the fact that we have to leave each other :( Sad day!
That is so exciting for you guys. I think that it would be so great to move and see new places, build new memories and make lasting friendships. Sounds so fun. Andrew wants to move out of state once he graduates. We shall see where life takes us.
So exciting! The area looks beautiful, I definitely want to come visit! Good luck with the move, always a joy!
Britni! It seems like just yesterday we were sitting in nursing school talking about the "what if's" of life and "someday this", or "someday that" Look at what you guys have accomplished. Such a wonderful thing. Ohio was a big and scary move for you but I can see it's been an amazing experience. Excited to see what this next chapter will bring.
Post a Comment