Say hello to the Carnival Victory!
Cruises are great! I thought Nate and I would be getting sea sick, but that was not the case. The swaying of the boat actually helped me sleep better, I think (just like a little babe being rocked to sleep :)
Yep...this is where we ate dinner every night. The first few nights we watched the sunset as we ate. AMAZING!
We had 2 elegant nights on board. It was fun to get dressed up a bit :) And of course have a few daquiris...virgin of course!
Oh how we loved our waiter I Made and his helper Roger!
Sorry ladies...they are all taken!
Most evenings consisted of hitting up a comedy show, watching the dancers perform (sometimes with jeweled thongs on...had to cover the boys eyes so they didn't see the booties :), awesome juggling skills, and even a magician that I'm pretty sure didn't know the first thing about magic! It was all in good fun. The nights were rounded out by card games until we all felt like we were going to pass out.
Another thing I couldn't understand were all the cheesy people taking pictures with cheesy backgrounds! The funny thing was how serious these people were with their posing. It felt like a high school dance picture...ridiculous! We took a few just to be funny...wish they didn't cost so dang much to buy, because some turned out pretty awesome ;)
Our steward was so wonderful...had our names down by the second day! I loved having my bed turned down at night, mints on my pillow, and awesome towel creatures hanging out on my bed each night.
And then there was the food...OH MY! Lets just say that we usually started out with a big buffet breakfast, a large buffet lunch, and dinner consisting of 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts each night, and we had no shame in it :)
The desserts were the best part. I am pretty sure almost all of us ordered a warm chocolate melting cake each night, and the bread pudding was AMAZING!
Oh, and lets not forget the before bed ice cream, or pizza, or a reuben sandwich. It gets quite ridiculous!
Greatest waiter around....I Made (pronounced E Mod-A)
Our nights were generally spent exploring the ships, watching shows, eating soft serve ice cream and playing cards.
The ship was a little more dated than some of the others we came across, but overall we were very impressed by how clean they kept everything. Every time I walked down the hallway there was someone wiping walls or mopping floors, or cleaning light fixtures. It was great!
Speaking of great...the food, oh the food! This is where we ate breakfast/lunch everyday. The buffet was awesome :)
Time to start planning the next vacation with these fab people!



0 comments:
Post a Comment