When Nate has classes, it benefits the whole family. I'm sure we'll get some fun vacations out of continuing education. The second week we were here, he was signed up for a class in Seattle, so me and the boys tagged along for a little bit of sightseeing.
Our first stop was Snoqualmie Falls about 20 minutes outside of the Seattle area. It is a massive waterfall and is BEAUTIFUL! Nate and I stopped by in January as we drove through and froze our booties off, so it was nice to stop in some warmer weather this time around :) One day I'd love to stay at the hotel overlooking the falls...awesome.
We rolled into Seattle around dinner time, and thought it would be fun for the boys to hang out and eat at the Rainforest Cafe, which was close to the hotel. They loved every minute of it and loved seeing the animals and the tropical storms.
The next day, it rained all morning. But that was okay because Nate was at class while me and the fellas lounged in the hotel room and got caught up on the news and our Disney shows.
After class was over, we headed into downtown. I was so excited because I've never been to Seattle before. The waterfront was beautiful, just a little gloomy after the rainstorms, and yet just how I've always pictured Seattle to be.
Pike's Place Market was the main thing for us to see this trip to Seattle. I figure we are going to be going to the cit often enough, we didn't need to squeeze everything into one trip. I am excited to bring people here that come to visit us...such a neat place!I was really sad I didn't get to see any throwing of any fish...maybe next time. I did see lots of seafood...huge crabs and lobster tails, oysters, basically anything a seafood lover would ever want.
The produce was equally as amazing. I tried some peaches that were to die for, and may have been the biggest I have ever seen.
And the flowers....oh the flowers. So cheap! Huge bouquets were only $10. I didn't walk away with any this time, but next time you better believe I will leave with some of these beauties :)
The variety at the market is fun. Different types of food vendors, dairy stores, bakeries, pizza joints, and even the original Starbucks. There is something for everybody.
I opted for the Thai chicken wrap, the boys some NY style pizza, and Nate took full advantage of the setting and had some ceviche and oysters in honor of his grandpa.
And because we were trying to get out of town in a timely matter and before rush hour, this time we just drove past the space needle. Next time we'll stop and venture around a little more :)





1 comments:
Okay, this is SO cool! Love the gorgeous waterfall and something-for-everyone market. Looking forward to seeing more of your amazing new world!
Post a Comment