Wednesday, August 8, 2012

{Working 8 to 5}

Well, here is for those of you curious about where Nate has been spending his time and finally making money :)  He started working full-time last week and he told me yesterday that he is not regretting his career decision (it's a darn good thing!)  The process of becoming a dentist is not fun.  The license was expensive and took 5 or 6 weeks to go through.  Then we had to wait for a NPI number before he could even treat patients.  Then another big expense of getting a DEA number.  Now he can at least see Medicaid patients, still awaiting approval for other insurances.  Hopefully one of these days!

The offices are so nice, as evidence by the following pics.  

Prosser Office
 Sunnyside Office
 Waiting Room in Prosser
 More of Prosser...I got in a few photos because I had to head into work with Nate on a Saturday as he took care of an emergency.
 This office is big!  Much bigger than the offices I went to growing up.
 When kids get done seeing the dentist, they get a coin and get to pick out their own prize.  Tucker sure is a fan of this process!
 Sunnyside Office, again.  This office only sees kids and this is where Nate will be spending 3/4 of his time.  We are having fun getting to know the staff, participating in baby showers, birthday parties, and some work parties coming up soon.
 Yes, this is the outfit Nate went to work in.  He can wear gym shorts and a T-shirt to work if he wants.  They make him change into scrubs when he gets there.  I am so glad we spent all that money the last few years on business casual attire :)
During Daddy's first week, both boys got to go visit the dentist.  Tucker got his first set of X-rays, and to our satisfaction, no cavities!  No pics of Gray at his first visit...all we got out of him was a quick teeth brushing as I held him in my lap.  Oh well :)

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yay for Nate! That office looks super nice.. how exciting for you guys!

Alicia said...

I am glad he is liking it! How nice for the boys that they get to see their own dad...I bet that makes it a little less scary. Way to go Nate...what an accomplishment! (and you too because you were with him every step of the way:)

Shaina said...

Thanks for finding my blog so I can find yours--it's funny how blogs don't seem to come up in normal conversation. I must confess I haven't been to the dentist in years! Those offices are luxurious. We always had awful plastic flowery chairs in the waiting room at our dentist growing up. And I just may talk to you about my friend PICC every now and then too. I probably won't be at church for a while though...boo. Oh, and at dinner when we were talking about surprise pregnancies, I totally felt like I was lying because I was referring to my current pregnancy as the surprise! I just wasn't ready to accept it and TELL people about it quite yet so I didn't say anything. Now I MUST accept it, I think. I wish I could be more social--in a few months I'll be a better friend, I promise!

Melinda said...

Yay for making money! I'm relieved for you guys that his license finally came through. I want to see pictures of your cute house and see the countryside where you are living!

Melinda said...

Ok, I'm an idiot. I just scrolled further down and saw the pictures you ALREADY posted of your house! I love it! It's way cute! I bet the boys are loving all the space too. If you guys are short on cash, you can always make your own beer it looks like. :)