Thursday, December 16, 2010

{5}

Wow...it has now gotten to the point that it is hard to think what life was like prior to having Nate in my life.  We started dating over 9 years ago...CRAZY!!  I love that we have so many memories together...Homecoming, Prom, mission, college, vacations, mutual friends, children, holidays, dates, and so much more :)  I love sitting down every year and remembering some good times....watching our wedding video always gets the memories flowing!

I look at our wedding pictures and can't help but think in 20 years, will anyone recognize the temple we were married in after it gets its new facelift? The pictures we have are so precious and I may or may not re-create some of them after the renovation is complete :) (Maybe not in a wedding dress, though.  That's kind of creepy!)


Since our relationship started, we have had 2 high school diplomas, 4 college degrees (going on 5), 4 cars, 3 homes, 2 children, 1 mission, many vacations, countless laughs, some tears (mostly on my end), 9 jobs (I think), 1 cross the country move, and probably about 100 carne asada burritos from Patricias :)  We have had friends come and go, new additions to our families, death, tough decisions, and lots of learning together and depending on one another.

Here are a few pics of the pre-married days.....

Waiting in line all night for an "A" parking pass @ the Dee Events Center (just fresh off the mission by a week!)  I miss being this tan :)

 Spending a day 4 wheeling @ Grandpa Daryl's cabin
 Pioneer Day Rodeo in Ogden...
WSU fireworks
@ my cousin's  wedding...some days I miss being blonde!
 Jackson Hole
 Yellowstone
 Night before leaving to MTC
 Snowmobiling
And these pictures are only a small selection!  I cannot wait to create more memories and celebrate not only our 5th anniversary, but 75th!
There are about 1,000,000 different reasons why I know that Nate is my perfect match, and I won't go into detail, but he is such a wonderful husband and father and helps balance out my imperfections and faults.  For all these things, I consider myself a lucky girl :)

And just because I never have posted any of my bridal pictures...I wanted to get a few of them on here....

I really liked my dress...best part, it was free!  My cousin Emily graciously lent me her gown she had used a few years prior. 
 The wedding of my dreams was definitely not planned for December, but I LOVED getting my bridals and engagement pictures in the fall :)


Okay, that's all.  This post was long enough!

6 comments:

Tim & Jamie said...

It seems like just yesterday you were driving us home in your Tercel! These pictures are so cute, I especially love the wedded ones!

xox

Jamie

Taryn said...

It is crazy to think what has happened in only 5 short years. It makes it a little overwhelming to think what is going to happen in the next 75+, huh?

Have fun celebrating! Glad you guys made it home safe!!!

cheeks said...

i love seeing all these pics...especially from pre-mish! i too miss being tan (isn't it funny how priorities change)! you were a gorgeous bride. i LOVE your fall bridals! ummm....nate looks a little too comfortable by you for just being off the mission for one week! haha! i guess when you know, you know! :) have a great trip home. i'm sorry amy and i didn't stop by before you left.

Melissa Hirschi said...

I love this post! It's so fun to look back on all your memories through photos. That picture of you two from you wedding is so perfect. Very cute! You guys make a great couple. Congrats on the anniversary!

Sam said...

Congrats on 5 years! I love looking back on old pictures. It seems like yesterday we were all still in high school. Your wedding picts were gorgeous. Hope you guys have a merry christmas

Alicia said...

Its amazing how much can happen in just a few short years! You guys had done so much! Congratulations on five years. It is going to be crazy for you guys to have a totally different temple than what you got married in.