I am sure going to miss October...I don't think there is any other month of the year when there are so many wonderful activities! We wrapped up my favorite month of the year by celebrating Halloween with some great friends! Here is the 2010 edition of our Halloween costumes....
Richard Simmons, one of his devoted workout fans, my little tiger, and baby skeleton! We attended our yearly BOOFEST at the Bowcutts, it makes me sad there may only be one more :(
My 2 fellas right before trick-or-treating
My Baby Gray
And then on to the Trick-or-Treating. Tucker is definitely a lot funner this year and understands the concept, and can actually say "Trick-or-Treat", which was great! The only part he didn't like was the big ape that was handing out candy...he may or may not have cried when we tried to get him to take candy from the ape!
There are a few things I have liked about Trick-or-Treating in Ohio... everyone handing out candy sits on their porch, so you don't have to knock on doors and wait for someone to come. It makes it so much faster! Our city also always does their Trick-or-Treat the Thursday before Halloween, so the kids aren't out on the street on the weekend when all the crazies are out. Lastly, I love that they have a designated time to go out...from 6-8 and that's it. You won't get knocks on your doors at 10 from annoying middle schoolers!
Here's my little buddy in the act...
The gang we went out with! What a cute bunch of kiddos :)
We were so excited this year that one of my best friends (and Nate's) was able to come hang out with us for all the Halloween fun! Kelsie's hubby had to come out to Columbus for a work conference , and she was able to come along for some fun!
It is such a small world in the church. It really is a rare occasion that I bump into someone at church that I haven't found SOME sort of connection with. This is one of those. Kels was also roomates/classmates with my visiting teacher Jami back in the good old Weber State days, so we were able to hang out with her, too!
Tucker and Grayson with their "Aunt Kels"
While Kels and Ben were here, we decided to show them the zoo, as we show everyone the zoo! We were able to catch a few minutes of Boo at the Zoo before it got too frigid!I usually go to the zoo in the mornings, and never see these flying foxes do anything, but in the evening they were crawling around and opening their monstrous wings. Holy smokes...I really hope I never run into one of these monsters in the real world (it's a good thing they originate in Indonesia!)
And the Trunk-or-Treat....I love it that our ward does it inside where it isn't cold! Here's Tuck begging Daddy for some candy...
Here we are with Kels and Ben....such great friends :)
Goodbye October...I can't wait until you come around again next year :)

9 comments:
ok....a few things:
1. it was fun to trick-or-treat w/ you guys! i'm loving your family costumes!
2. Emri was asking for tucker today! i thought it was cute!
3. i don't think i've ever seen the flying foxes at the zoo, but i'm pretty sure they might give me nightmares!!
4. i had no idea you were such an amazing cook...just saw your recipe blog for the first time and was drooling all over the place! i'm now a follower!! i totally laughed when i saw that you gave me a reference for the marshmallow popcorn...it's actually kelsies recipe! haha! weird!
You guys look so cute in your costumes. Your boys are super cute! That is so fun that Kelsie was able to visit. And that is such a nice thing that they have the kids trick or treat not on actual Halloween day.
You guys all look great in your costumes! Looks like you guys had a fun October! That's way fun that Kelsie was able to come visit- i'm sure you loved having them!
Adorable costumes, for all of you! Who know Nate had such nice legs?!
That picture of you and Kels on the bridge is AWESOME! I love the cool fog. Count us in on the next zoo trip!
Also, loved the one of them on the front porch; but Nate's shorts need an intervention. ASAP. HA HA.
"them" meaning cutest little tiger and skeleton ever.:)
Sounds like you guys had a great Halloween. I love that idea about a designated trick or treating time on the Thursday before. That's great! Then you never have to worry about late night doorbells!
You guys all look cute in your costumes!
You all look so cute! love the costumes! isn't halloween the best!
Fun Halloween costumes! That's awesome Ben and Kels could join you guys! Crazy pumpkins...and squash for that matter!
Your boys are just adorable.
Post a Comment