The next part of our Spring Break journey took us to Cooperstown, New York. Many of you may not know what is significant about Cooperstown, I sure wouldn't know if I weren't married to Nate! Anyhow, it is the city where the National Baseball Hall of Fame is located. Definitely a place Nate had on his "to do" list before he dies...so we made the trip. It is nestled in a cute little (and I mean little) town in themountains of New York. There were some pretty cool exhibits to check out.
Here's Tucker checking out the kid's area
And then....all the artifacts. Here are a select few that we got pictures of:
With "the Babe"
The wall of No Hitters
The Cubs old uniforms
And their current...
The bloody sock
Shoeless Joe Jackson's stuff
The balls hit to tie and break Babe Ruth's record
Nolan Ryan's no hitters
I think Nate's favorite part of the museum was actually walking into the "Hall of Fame" portion, which really is a hall with all the plaques of those players inducted over the years.
Here is Nate with his all-time favorite player...Ted Williams
The original 5 inductees
And just a few select plaques ( I will spare you from looking at all the ones we took)
Last, but not least....we stopped by a local pizza joint for dinner to have an authentic New York slice....here's how Tucker did with his piece....

0 comments:
Post a Comment