Thursday, February 18, 2010

{SIGNS}

There are signs all around us. These signs help us figure so many things out and lead and guide us in the things we should be doing. For example.....


Mr. Punxsutawney Phil, seeing his shadow. This is a {SIGN} telling us there are six more weeks of winter weather headed our way (and boy was he right!). Where the heck did this tradition start anyway!

This is a sign I see out my window everyday lately. It is a {SIGN} that winter is in full force in Ohio. It is a rare occasion for the sun to shine through in the midde of the winter. This {SIGN} reminds me to take full advantage of the sun when we do have it!

This unattractive {SIGN}/symbol represents in the Chinese culture the year I was born, the year of the boar. I wish they had picked some cooler animals!

This {SIGN} keeps me alive. Without this one, I would never feel safe driving....always worried that a car is going to hit me broadside and take my life in an instant. Thank you to the color red for saving me everyday.




When I see the number 7 next to my name when I get to work, this is a {SIGN} that I am going to have a ridiculously busy night at work. 7 really sick patients all needing lots of attention and lots of medication.....not my idea of a good night!


Many people believe that these are signs that there is life beyond this earth. Do I believe this....um, not so much!


My last {SIGN} I am going to share is an exciting/scary sign in my book. It is a sign that changes your life in an instant. This is the sign I am talking about.....



Although it has come 9 months to a year before we were planning, this is the sign that was put in front of my face the day after Christmas. It took a day or two for the shock to wear off and get really excited about a new addition to the family! Mr. Tucker is going to be a big brother in August! I NEVER would have planned to be SUPER pregnant all summer long....but our father in heaven has brought this little one to us at this time for reasons beyond my understanding. For this reason, I cannot argue with the powers that be, for they know far better what is good for our family than I do. As soon as I can start being functional again, stop throwing up, and actually eating again, I will be even more excited than I am now, but for the time being, sleep, lemonade, fruit snacks, and long hot showers are my best friends! Hopefully my poor husband will not have to eat frozen dinners for much longer, he's been so supportive through these first few sicky weeks. This should tell you why I've been being such a blog slacker lately....no motivation to even pop open a computer!  More info will follow!

19 comments:

Turok said...

Again, first to comment...CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Oh, and I feel your pain! When ours comes in May, I will only wish for you, that yours will come fast enough.

kiki comin said...

yay! congrats, britni..that is so exciting! hope those sickies wear off soon.

Lindsay said...

Brit!! Yea!! How exciting for your cute little family! I know how sick you get, so that part is no fun... I hope it doesn't last too much longer! I can't wait to see what you're having =) Congrats again!!

Emily said...

Once again congratulations! This might be a little too late but by taking a vitamin b6 and half a unisom it really helped with my nausea. If you would have told me say... 14 weeks ago this may have helped with that 1st trimester! Good luck with everything!

Joni said...

Wooohooo! So exciting. Congrats!

cheeks said...

i'm super excited for you guys! brit, like i said, if you ever want to bring tucker over to play so you can nap i would be happy to have him....and emri too!

Taryn said...

So happy, but so sad you are sick :) Hope you feel better very very soon! We are so excited for you guys!

Krista said...

How fun! What great news for your family. I hope all goes well and that Tucker enjoys his new buddy (when he/she comes).

Melinda said...

Yay congrats! Tucker will be a great big brother.

HDVB said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I am SO excited for you guys :) :) :)

Alicia said...

I was wondering where you were going with all of this sign talk:) That is SO exciting!!! YAY! I am happy for you guys...not that you are sick of course because that is just awful...I hope you start feeling better soon!

Jordan and Heather Humbert said...

Congrats again! Let's all cross our fingers that the feeling crappy will pass!

Trinity said...

Woo woo for baby number 2. That is so exciting. I am so happy the Watkins family is expanding.

Sharstin said...

what a cute post! congrats girly! that is awesome! sorry you are sick--that is no fun :)

Melissa Hirschi said...

YAY!!! How exciting! Congratulations!

Annie said...

Congratulations!

Hollie said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

Kenzie said...

I am vey excited for you even though it wasn't planned. :) I hope you feel better soon!!!

Sara said...

Congrats! That is such exciting news:)