So as you can see, we are trying to get in all the fun we can before work and school start in 2 more weeks....hence all the posting. The other day we hit up an Amish restaurant in Plain City called Der Dutchman. It was so yummy! They also had the cutest little gift shop and awesome bakery with stuff that was way cheap. I can assure you that I will return! It'll be a good place to take any of you that want to come experience Ohio and have some fabulous Amish cuisine!
Afterwards, Nate wanted to take me and Tucker to this park across the freeway. It's called Darby Batelle Park. It is probably one of the biggest parks I have ever been to! Our ward had a BBQ there for Labor Day before I flew out here, and Nate was pretty impressed. There are different sections of the park, which are all connected by "hiking" trails (if there are no mountains, I can't really consider it hiking). We went on one that said it was a moderate to difficult hike...this is Ohio's version of a moderate to difficult hike...
I know, pretty sad, huh! We did part of the hike, and we did it all in flip flops!
Once school starts we want to go to different parks every weekend as a family, where Nate can study and I can play with Tucker. I think that sound like so much more fun than sitting home on the couch. One thing I have been really impressed with about Ohio...there are NICE parks everywhere! Here is a pic of our family along the trail....
Tucker is gonna be my new "hiking" buddy....I'm sure you can tell he is having a wonderful time! He loves being outdoors. If he is crying, being outside will keep him happy. He loves this little pouch thing we take hime sometimes!
We found some toys at the park and couldn't resist the swings...
And here is one last photo of us by the river the walking trail ran by...
Sunny's Birthday in New Orleans!
8 years ago

3 comments:
HOW FUN! You guys are seriously awesome...way to get out there and have fun before our "different kind of fun" starts!
So cute! Yeah, the trails are pretty weak with the lack of mountains and all...
You guys look like you are having so much fun and doing all of these fun things! I am jealous. It is great that you guys are meeting friends out there and having a good time:)
Post a Comment