I am on a mission to become a better blogger again...especially since I am an awful journal-er. So my goal is to do this at least once a month to remember some of our highlights.
Here's our highlights from June....
-spent a few afternoons at the splashpad with friends to beat the heat.
-continuing our morning walks and playing with our buddy Charlie a few times every week.-Ian's birthday party. It was a bug theme and the fellas sure loved looking around for their fake bugs and candy.
And Gray really loved his cupcake :)
-met with some friends at the Dino park in Granger for some playtime and a walk around the pond-Tucker started T-ball with Nate as his coach. His friends Jay and Trevor from church are on his team as well. He is on team "Davy's Burger Ranch." His team is the only one that doesn't have a cool name like Gators or Hawks. Oh well :)
-While Tuck plays T-ball for an hour and a half, I get to try to keep up with Gray and hopefully catch a glimpse of Tuck's skills every now and again.
-Nate's office had a work party at the Prosser pool, so about 40-50 of us had the whole place to ourselves. It was wonderful!
-I failed to mention in our May highlights that we are a 2-car family again! After only having one vehicle for the last year, we finally are back to 2. I won't lie, I didn't mind taking Nate and picking him up from work everyday...it gave me something to do! Especially in the wintertime...guess I'll have to go visit him for lunch more often. The boys LOVE riding in Dad's truck, and request we drive it instead of the van whenever we go out. It's not Nate's dream truck, but it's a baby step in the right direction!
-Naturally, our cars from here on out will always show some Buckeye pride. My van has a Buckeye license plate cover, and Nate bought himself one of these little metal logos he stuck on the tailgate. No shame here!!!
-we got to go to another birthday party, this time for the boy's friend Spencer. It was at a trampoline park in Kennewick, and it was a definite kid-pleaser!!
-other June highlights include Nate's CE course in Seattle, leaving me behind with the fellas for a few days. I got to have a girl's night with a few gals and watch a movie after the boys were asleep.
-we also found out Nate was accepted for the government repayment program. Therefore, we just signed a contract that will ensure that we will be here for 2 years AND get a significant amount (tax-free) that will help us pay down some student loans. Totally worth it!





0 comments:
Post a Comment