No matter how many times we go away, the mountains keep calling us back (that and our families :) Labor Day weekend we made the 9 hour drive down to visit some of our favorite people around. And to top it all off, we spent most of our time in Nate and I's favorite place ever...Park City.
Nate's parent always get a condo up there for Labor Day weekend, and my fam stays in my aunt's condo, and we all just hang out together and have some fun! My main objective for the weekend...Swiss Days! I think it gets bigger and bigger every year, and the crowds double each year as well. If you are willing to wait, there is some stinkin' cute stuff to be had!
Not to mention that because we were in Utah, we sometimes just pass by local celebrities...I give you President Uchtdorf shopping the Bumbles booth with his wife. Gotta love a man that will follow his wife to an event like this! Midway is such a charming little town, and if there weren't already a few dentists in this small town (don't worry, I've looked into it), I would make Nate move us to this area! I walked away with not a single craft for my house, but rather necklaces, a Christmas gift for someone, and some skirt extenders for myself. Always a good time :)
And while in Park City, it is necessary to do some of the "touristy" things, because the kids always love it. First off, a trip up the gondola to the Canyons resort.
And play with the giant chess set....
And just enjoy that mountain air!
And of course, listen to an awesome free concert...this night it just happened to be put on by the "MULLET HATCHETS." Gotta love a couple of rednecks performing!
Tucker sure loved it :)
Tucker is pretty sure he could be happy here as well. Lets move now!
Gray enjoyed his time in the hot tub with Dad, as long as Dad wasn't holding onto him :)
And Tuck s getting more and more daring with his swimming tricks. he loves to kick back and relax lately.
Nate and I were talking on our drive back to Washington about what a perfect place Park City is, and it would be our #1 dream location if we could just pick up and move anywhere we wanted. It has the outdoor recreation for Nate (fishing, hunting, boating, snowboarding), and the shopping for me. We'd be in heaven!
Nate and I decided to go together, which made our little sled go even faster... and I am pretty sure he almost lost me a few times...we were cooking down the mountain!
The leaves were GORGEOUS that weekend. It makes me wish we lived just a bit closer to the mountains in Washington. Sunday drives to look at leaves are the BEST!
On Sunday, we enjoyed going to our parents church, dinner with my fam, and s'mores with everyone. Kels also got to come hang out for a while, which is always great!
Here's Gray trying on Trey's motorcycle helmet. It was a bit heavy and i was afraid he was going to topple over. Such a cute stinker :)











2 comments:
I'm so sad we missed you at Swiss Days. I looked for myself in the picture just in case! I definitely think you should move to Utah. Just sayin'.
I've never been to Park City, but you make me really want to go! And Midway looks so cute...your little fam sure knows how to get out and have a good time. P.S. LOVE your pic of President Uchtdorf - my favorite man alive!
Post a Comment