Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Tucker's Birthday Party!

This Saturday we celebrated Tucker's birthday with his friends.  He wanted this to be a boys only party and really wanted a superhero theme.  So we obliged both requests.  
My sites set to Pinterest to come up with some fun ideas, and there were too many!  I wish I had more of a budget for the party because there were some really fun ideas.  I went with the theme Superhero Training School.

When the kids came in, they were supposed to come up with their own Superhero name.  I tried to help them be creative, but they still wanted to be Batman, Superman, Iron Man, and Spiderman.  Oh well.

The first step in becoming a superhero is designing your own cape, so we did just that.

And to hide their true identities, we had masks ready to go...


 Their first mission was to leap over buildings (just a small building I made out of paper and aluminum foil.
The next step was going into the deep, dark cave to retrieve 5 powersticks (glowsticks) that the villain had stolen.  I told them to be very careful because there were poisonous spiderwebs all over (crepe paper).  So we went into the basement and grabbed those.

As a part of training school, we had to make sure that these boys were strong enough to take on the villain, they sure were!


 The last mission was to vaporize the villain, the evil Dr. Nate :)  We searched the house for him, and when we did...we took him down!
 And down....until he was done for.
 Then came present time.  Here is Tuck with his best bud Emerson.
 with Riley
 Lennix and Jensen
 Mason
 Aaron
 Here are our brave superheros at graduation...they all made it and were wonderful superheros :)

For favors we sent the kiddos home with superhero Pez, superhero silly bands, a superhero rubber duck, some rings from the top of the cupcakes, the glowsticks they found in the basement, and superhero stickers.
Tucker was thrilled his friends came to spend the morning with him, and we had so much fun planning this party!  He is already asking about his next birthday party :)

4 comments:

Turok said...

what a fun idea for a party!! cant wait to do something like that when Rhett is older. Looks like it was a big hit with those boys! Love it! Good job, mamma!

Trinity said...

Super cute idea!

Melissa Hirschi said...

That is such a cute idea! I bet the boys loved it. You are so creative!

Sarah Steele said...

This is over-the-top cute! Perfect for little boys! And oh my goodness, I have such a soft spot for that Tucker. :)