Friday, January 6, 2012

Adios 2011...

Our New Year's weekend turned out pretty dang good, if I do say so myself :)  We took off on Friday to head down toward Cincinnati, stopping at some of the awesome outlets on the way.  Nate scored big time with some new Oakley sunglasses and some new clothes.  

Then we kept going, stopping at the biggest grocery store in America, Jungle Jim's.  It's amazing how much food can be put in one store!  The seafood section was one of the boys favorites...they got to see all the fish and lobsters swimming around in their tanks.

Here are their awesome bathrooms...they really aren't port-a-potties, those are just the doors to go inside :)
There are also fun displays all over the place, and some of them put on a little show for you every so often.

Another fun thing about the store is they have food from every country....Bosnia, Australia, Argentina, Germany, China, etc.  It would be a fun store to go to if you had served your mission out of the U.S....you could find some of those foods you had on your mission!

Nate was also excited to see their huge wall of hot sauces and all the specialty sodas.  It was a pretty cool store :)
Our day was rounded out by dropping in Ikea and eating some yummy Mexican food at a joint down there.

The next day we were ready for the New Year!  We had our friends the Burtons come over to snack on some yummy snacks, play games, drink rootbeer floats, watch a movie, and have some sparkling cider at midnight.  It was a good evening.

5 comments:

Sharstin said...

i love it--so awesome! what a great new years~!

Lindsay said...

Sounds so fun! Can I have one of those rootbeer floats?? mmmm... they look delicious right about now =)

Allyson said...

Happy NEW YEAR! PS: Congrats on your cooking award you humble girl! And I didn't ever give you credit for your mad photo skills on my blog. You're the best.

xo

Kenzie said...

It looks like it was a fun New Years!

Unknown said...

I've never heard of that store! I think I like it though...you look great Britni!