Sunday, May 1, 2011

Adventures with Courtni....

It's been a while since we've had any visitors come out to see us....I mean who wouldn't want to come to Ohio in the middle of the winter with the gray skies ?!  Now that Spring has sprung and the sun has made an appearance, we've gotten some visitors!  My sister Courtni was able to head out after her finals were over to spend a week with us :)
 A girl in our ward that has lived here for a few years compiled a list of this to do in Columbus that are free/inexpensive.  So while Court was here, I busted out that list and used it as an excuse to see some new things...

This park is beautiful....it is the Topiary Park at the Old Deaf School Downtown.



 I want to go back when all the leaves are grown in to get the full effect...but this one looked fun!  A bit Mary Poppins(ish).

 I guess this park was inspired by the painting by Seurat....see any resemblance?




 Also, while Court was here we went Brutus searching, and found a few to take some pics with....


Then stopped by the school to visit Nate and check out Archie's heisman trophy


 And took her to the yummy Graeters ice cream for the best chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream EVER!  I love the playground they have there...and so does Tucker :)

 And lastly, I had to show her some of the weird statues I have come across in Columbus....the first being  "the bunny fountains"....
 And the second is the random field of corn statues outside a business office....


 Since the rain foiled my plans to take her to Amish country, we at least had to go eat an Amish meal at Der Dutchman.  The food was wonderful, as usual :)

Thanks for coming sister, we all enjoyed having you!  Tucker misses his Elmo's World watching friend :)

0 comments: