Monday, March 28, 2011

Like Stepping Onto a Movie Screen....

 Our last 2 days in Orlando, we took a break from Disney and headed over to Universal Studios....where we rode lots of fun rides, but lets just say my favorite part of the park was Hogwarts :)  The Forbidden Journey Ride took forever to get on, and is the only ride that ever made me sick.  Lets just say I won't be getting on that one again.  Do any of these places look familiar?  They did a really great job re-creating the places from the movie....


 The line for the wand shop was nuts....not worth the wait.  Maybe next time.
 And the butter beer....oh the butter beer!  It is really tasty.  Basically a cream soda with a butterscotch foam on top.  Nate preferred the regular, and the frozen is what hit the spot for me.
 Round 2 of butter beer...this time in a mug.
 Tman loved it as well
 And the train that led up to the school....
Hogwarts...the sickening ride is inside.
          


And of course there was the rest of Universal...We rode rides like the Mummy, Men in Black, the Hulk, Jaws, and Disaster.  This coaster you pick your own music and jam out to it as you ride.  Pretty sweet :)
 We watched a Shrek 3D show that Tucker loved!  Then of course we had to meet the characters!
 And this interactive Donkey that talked back to you...he called Tucker a smurf.
 On the way to the next area, Nate got pooped on by a seagull....awesome!
 And because the Madagascar penguins didn't have a line, we stopped there too.

 And my adrenaline junkie of a son loved the roller coasters at the park...he wanted to ride them over and over.
 And over, and over :)
 Wet butts!


Dr. Suess's kid area.
 One fish, Two fish, Red fish, Blue rish.....
 One of our last night we went and checked out a dinner show called Arabian Nights.  The food was a little less than amazing, but the show made up for it!


It was a fun trip with family...but now I need a few days to recover from the vacation and all the time in the car back and forth from Ohio to Florida!

5 comments:

HDVB said...

How funny that we were there at the same time! :) Florida totally hit the spot for me! Daniel wasn't able to go, I was just there with my fam - but I'm with ya- HOGWARTS WAS INCREDIBLE!

Sam said...

wow! that trip looks like so much fun! I love amusement parks, and it looks like there was so many fun things for the kids to do. I'm very jealous of you guys!

Becky said...

It was so fun to see all of your pictures and the extreme look of happiness on Tuckers face in all of them :)
Looks like you had a blast (except for the poop on Nates head..ha ha. I'm glad you guys were able to get away and go on such a fun vacation! I have to say i am more jealous then you know. :) Can't wait to hear more about it!

Taryn said...

Looks like so much fun! But so exhausting at the same time. I am sure you are still tired! Glad you guys could make such fun memories. And I am sure seeing Tucker so excited made it all even better!

Kenzie said...

Wow. It looks like you had tso much fun! I am completely jealous! I love all the pictures of Tucker. He looks like he is having so much fun.