Friday, August 7, 2009

Deep Fried Goodness....

Our state fair is a great state fair,
Don't miss it, don't even be late.
It's dollars to donuts
That our state fair
Is the best state fair in our state.

~From the Musical State Fair



















The Ohio State fair is awesome! It definitely is the biggest fair I've ever been to. Along with a few friends, we went to check it out. I think deep down, Nate only goes for the food...deep fried corndogs, deep fried twinkies, deep fried candybars, deep fried macaroni and cheese, deep fried mashed potatoes, deep fried cookie dough, elephant ears, giant turkey legs, strombolis, ice cream, garlic french fries....the list continues on and on (is anyone else ready to have a heart attack after reading this?!

















And what do you think this fine fried delicacy is?......A twinkie!
















Nate's dinner, a giant turkey leg!



























Checking out the animals




















The girls





Too much fair for one day...


To top it all off....one last artery clogging thought. This is a sculpture made from butter!

8 comments:

Meili said...

the Fair kinda look like the board walk with the ride

Alicia said...

Wow! That is a lot of deep fried stuff! It is giving me a stomach ache just thinking about it:) It looks like so much fun though! And wow, that is quite the sculpture of butter!

Becky said...

We had a lot of fun going to all of the Fairs with you guys! I guess we better start dieting and working out now to get ready for our fried Fair fun next year! :)

Lindsay said...

Wow deep fried candy bars??! I think that sounds pretty good... I love state fairs! Nothing says summer like attending a state fair! Glad you guys had fun =)

Allyson said...

I MISS YOU SO MUCH. I'm going through TUCKER withdrawls!!! Please say you're coming to MM on Friday. PLEASE. I miss you so much. I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait until "real" school starts again.:)

xoxo me.

Allyson said...

Okay. Nate said it sounded like I had a crush on you. What I meant to say is: I miss you guys.:)

I don't have a crush on you.

bye.

Kenzie said...

I would love to try a deep fried twinkie! lol It looks like you had a good time!

Robyn Maughan said...

It looks like you guys are eating up every minute of summer and savoring your time together. That's great! Tucker has the most gorgeous eyes, he's gonna be a ladies man in a year or two I think. A fried twinkie sounds absolutely disgusting...it's already all fat before it's fried!