
It seemed like the perfect situation when we first came out to Ohio. I'd work the graveyard shift full-time and be able to be home with Tucker during the day while Nate was at school, then Nate could watch him at night for a few hours until he fell asleep, then could get his studying done. Was it the perfect situation? Not so much!
That's right. I'm tired....of many things. For instance.....
-I'm tired of missing weekend get-togethers
-I'm tired of making Tucker entertain himself in the mornings while I sleep
-I'm tired of sleeping the days away when it is gorgeous outside
-I'm tired of missing church (or parts of it) almost every Sunday
-I'm tired of seeing Nate for 1 hour some days, some days not at all
-I'm tired of being emotional and getting nauseated because my sleep schedule is never the same from day-to-day
-I'm tired of dealing with crazy patients
-I'm tired of working weekends...the only time I can spend time with people
-I'm tired of being on the opposite schedules of everyone I'm around
-I'm tired of pretending that I can do it all, because I can't!
-And most of all, I'm tired of being tired, and need somewhat of a normal life back!
So what am I going to do about my tiredness? I am cutting my hours back to part-time! The day...May 25th. That's right, we are going to be back to being broke college students like everyone else, living a little bit off of loans, but I'll still make enough to pay most of the bills. But this is not about the money. This crazy night schedule prevents me from being myself, I cannot spend all 4 years in Ohio being a zombie (or on auto-pilot), a mom that is only there half the time for my child, and an emotional wreck when I don't get decent amounts of sleep. The money is not worth it. So there may be some extra loans by the time we get to the end of our time here, but it is definitely not worth the way we are living right now. Is this the answer to my problems, no....but it's a start! One more day a week I can spend raising my child fully awake and alert is worth all of it. I feel good about saving us the out-of-state tuition this year (which is a ridiculous amount by the way), plus the money I have made, and that is good for me! I made it, and we'll see how part-time (2 days a week, 12 hour days) goes, if that doesn't work for our family in the next little while, we will have to explore yet other alternatives.
This is a leap of faith for us, being in this amount of debt terrifies me....but we know that our Father in Heaven is watching out for us every step we take!
Sunny's Birthday in New Orleans!
8 years ago

9 comments:
This is big news! Congratulations on the sleep that is coming and good luck with everything. I'm sure you'll love it.
Hang in there girl! Only 24 more days! You have been such a trouper and I would have given up long ago! You are awesome!
I'm tired reading about how dang tired you are !!! I am person who can only function with a certain about of sleep. I feel so bad for you, to think that you have to work ALL night and then get up and take care of an active toddler! I've had those days, where you throw some cereal in a bowl, turn on Sponge Bob Square Pants, and curl back up in bed. I can fall asleep, but never be 'REALLY' asleep, which is why you probably feel like crap all the time. Don't worry about your decision.....I'm sure you will be much happier, and your little Tucker will be much happier, too. :) Good Luck !!
Oh I just cried as I read that. I felt you pain. I am so glad you have decided to go part time. No sleep sucks!! I was doing that after Luke was born for like less than six months because it was SOOO horrible.
I hate working nights too! I get the same way. It's so hard to be a working mom and put our husbands through school, but it will all be worth it in the end right? Good luck with the part time! Hopefully it will work better for you!
Ah Brit I'm so sorry that you've been so tired and overwhelmed... That's got to be so hard! Hopefully cutting one more day a week will help you feel sane again and help you to get some much needed sleep! =)
Wow. I'm exhausted and I just sit at home all day. Good luck with the next little while and with the coming changes! We miss you guys!
just hang in there...I feel your pain...as you already know, we are students as well living off those LOVELY student loans...it'll work out, it always does. You do your part, and the Lord will do his...Good Luck!! Come On MAY 25th!!
You did the right thing girl. Andrew works graves and another job and his schedule is crazy. I hardly ever see him. I can't wait until he is on with a Department full time. Oh how joyous that day will be.
Post a Comment