Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Places I Want to See

So, I have been cleaning and packing on this yucky snowy Wednesday, and thought I'd take a break and do a little more research. Today I was looking at all the cities I want to visit while we are back east. So I got onto MapQuest to see how far certain cities were from Columbus, and this is what I found....

Cities I want to see....

1. Chicago
Total Est. Time: 5 hours, 38 minutes 356.41 miles
What I Want to See:

-Oprah

-Chicago White Sox

-Chicago Cubs

Those last three would help me cross some things off my "bucket list!" I'd also like to try an authentic Chicago dog and a deep dish pizza!

2. Charlotte, NC
Total Est. Time: 6 hours, 53 minutes 425.87 miles

What I want to see:

-My Uncle Ladd's Family Mostly and everything they have to show me!


-Carolina Panthers



3. Baltimore
Total Est. Time: 6 hours, 44 minutes 420.61 miles

What I want to see:


-My aunt Trisha's family
We've been there before, but there are a few things we want to check out. We've seen the Baltimore Orioles, and wouldn't mind a few more of those games!

-the Baltimore Ravens


-more Shopping!


4. Hershey, PA (how cool is that..a town full of everything chocolate related?!)
Total Est. Time: 6 hours, 16 minutes 380.02 miles

-Hershey Park


5. Louisville, KY (mostly for Nate to relive his mission)
Total Est. Time: 3 hours, 22 minutes 205.77 miles

-Churchill Downs (home of the Kentucky Derby)


6. New York, NY (this one is not so close, but I hope we can make the drive sometime)
Total Est. Time: 8 hours, 51 minutes 535.55 miles

-I want to see everything! A broadway play, the statue of liberty, the Yankees and the Mets play ball, go shopping, visit Time Square, eat New York cheese cake, and whatever else may come my way!


7. Philadelphia (I love old historical sites)
Total Est. Time: 7 hours, 38 minutes 469.45 miles

-historical sites like the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall

-Philadelphia Phillies


-Philadelphia Eagles


-Eat an authentic Philly Cheese Steak


8. Detroit, MI
Total Est. Time: 3 hours, 23 minutes 203.76 miles

-Detroit Tigers



-Detroit Lions



9. Other Cities in Ohio for various reasons!
-Cleveland (baseball, basketball, football)Total Est. Time: 2 hours, 21 minutes 142.81 miles
-Cincinatti (baseball, football)Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
101.24 miles
-Sandusky (amusement parks, roller coasters, and to see the Great Lakes)Total Est. Time: 2 hours, 26 minutes 132.63 miles
-I'm sure there are others!

1 comments:

Heather Edwards said...

As long as your going so far, Nate and you will have to come visit Blaine & I in Mississippi. We are only about a half hour from the Louisiana border and not too much further from Arkansas. This would help you to cross some of the deep South states so you can get through your entire bucket list.