It has happened...he grew up! I have very mixed emotions about this, but nonetheless Kindergarten has started! His teacher this year is Mrs. Graf, a very nice older lady that we have heard great things about. The one things about this Kindergarten that is KILLING me is that it is all day. They sure don't let parents ease into it at all! He's going from pre-k which was 3 days a week for 2.5 hours each of those days to four 6.5 hour days and one 4.5 hour day a week!! I am excited to spend some more quality one-on-one time with my Grayson bug before the baby comes, but we will sure miss brother while he is learning lots of new great things and meeting new friends!
My greatest concern is that he will find at least one good friend. I know kids this age are very accepting of everyone, but in this particular school Tucker is the one that stands out and is a little different from the others...so I just hope he feels included! He is very friendly and makes friends very easily when I take him to the park and other places, so we'll just keep our fingers crossed!!
Here we are waiting for the bell to ring...taking in a little hopscotch!
Gotta sport the superhero backpack! It is only natural! All ready for a day full of action! I only cried a little bit on the way home...hopefully things will get easier!!
Here is what he thought of his first day...it was a success! He even ate all his school lunch....which is a minor miracle :) He found a few friends he knew from preschool last year, which does a mom's heart good!






1 comments:
This makes me tear up! I can't believe how big our tiny little boys are! I wish they could be together in school, because then I wouldn't worry one bit about the friends he makes.
Post a Comment