Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Everyday Happenings

One of my New Year's resolutions this year was to blog more about the normal everyday things that go on around here.  Those things are just as important as all the fun things we get out to do!  I want the kids to remember their 1st home and things we did while we were here, because many of these things can be easily forgotten.  So, here you go...everyday stuff!

Tucker loves to fix things.  Whenever daddy gets out his tools, Tucker is right behind him with his.  He stuffs them into his pants (guess I should get him a tool belt :) and fixes anything he can find that may need a few bangs of a hammer.

 Grayson is a monster.  18 months is definitely a hard age!  I forgot how busy these little ones are, and they are into everything!  He has learned how to climb onto everything.  He has also learned that he can scoot chairs and stools around to climb up on to get anything he wants.  You better bet we find him on the counter, on top of the toilet, on the kitchen table, and at the top of the bunk bed quite frequently :)

Gray has been teething like a madman.  The best way to take his mind off those bugging teeth is to give him a carrot or a celery stalk, and he is a happy camper!
Sometimes even a car eases the tooth pain....

Tucker has decided he wants to be a "dentist just like dad", or at least that is the response we always get when we ask him what he wants to be when he grows up.  This child will not make a normal face in front of the camera...only if I catch him off guard will he have a cute grin on his face!
 Last week was pajama day at school, and he got to wear his awesome Lightning McQueen pjs and take his favorite "cars and airplanes blanket" to school.  They got to watch Lady and the Tramp and eat popcorn for their special day.
On preschool days, without a nap, Tucker desperately tries to stay awake when he gets home, many times giving into the tiredness on the couch while watching one of his shows..

As of about 6 weeks ago, Grayson is finally able to put himself to sleep in his bed!  Trust me, it has been a long time coming and I am super grateful that this has finally happened!  
He is funny, though, about it. He has to have one binky in his mouth, and one in each hand as he falls asleep.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Loved that pajama day! I wish I could've spied on those cute boys during their party. And so cute that Gray has to sleep with 3 binkies. These 18-month-olds sure can be particular. I've about had it with mine. Cute pictures. :)

Lindsay said...

Love that Tucker wants to be a dentist like his Dad... how cute is that! It's good to blog about the every day things... it's those things that you tend to forget! =)

Heather Edwards said...

I am laughing as I read about Grayson. I guess that it must be the 18 month age because Will does the same types of things.

Alicia said...

I am with ya. It is so good to just blog about the day to day because those are the things that you forget! I love that Tucker loves to get his toolbelt out when nate gets his tools out & that he wants to be a dentist like him...too cute!