Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tidbits About Tucker

I just realized that I need to update on Tucker...he's getting to be so much more of a boy than a toddler.  It makes me sad a little bit, but it is so fun!  He is getting better about following directions, doesn't have many tantrums anymore, is very independent, and is my best little buddy!  I couldn't ask for a better {almost} 3 year old!

The biggest news with this kid....HE'S POTTY TRAINED {insert a heavenly choir here}!  Let me just say that it sucked, and I had to take the bootcamp approach, felt like a mean mom, but it's done :)  He just had some wicked diarrhea yesterday..the uncontrollable kind and he felt so bad. It took forever to stop crying.




He LOVES nursery, especially now because he is back in the nursery with his best bud!

We have playgroup with 3 other kids every Friday, he always looks forward to it.



His favorite foods lately are ravioli/gnocchi with pesto sauce, bean burritos and cheese rollups, "smammiches", raisins, "cereal and milk", corn dogs, bananas, yogurt, pizza, chicken, and mac n cheese to name a few.  We still struggle with fruits and veggies with him, unfortunately :(  So he gets his V8 Juice everyday, which he does love!  I am not giving up yet!

Sings his ABCs


Counts to fourteen, then every other number is 14 until he gets to 20.

Has all his shapes down.

He repeats every word on every single show...some of his favorites: Special Agent Oso, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Toy Story, Shrek, Sesame Street, Imagination Movers, Monsters Inc, Despicable Me.

Struggles saying his L's.  It's always "Yook Mommy," or "yisten" or "yion."  My favorite..."I yuv you mommy" :)


Loves looking at books and having them read to him.  Also loves learning-type games on the "go"puter (computer).




Loves Sams Club and Target.  Sams Club for the soft pretzels and giant swingset, and Target for the toy department.  He's a pretty well-behaved shopping buddy.

Loves his sports.  He can name all the sports, some of the equipment, and can hit a baseball like no one's business.  He will be playing T-ball or soccer this Spring...maybe both if schedules don't overlap.  He loves watching sports with his dad, and most recently we discovered he loves to watch bull riding.  I guess we'll attempt to find some bull riding around here in the summer so he can see it up close!

His brother is his favorite pal.  He's the only person that get get Gray laughing really hard.


Some of his favorite toys right now are...his Leapster, Toy Story action figures, and cars (driving them around his roads or down ramps)




Sleeps from about 8:30 at night until 7 in the morning.  He doesn't ever fight us at all to go to sleep anymore.

Is a bigtime hat wearer.  He rotates between his "cubbies" hat and his "go bucks" hat.  He's a cutie in those hats :)


Definitely can work his way around technology.  He has mastered Nate's iTouch over the last year and plays all of his games.  His favorite game on it is "The Monkey Game," as he calls it.

After I tell him anything lately, his immediate response is "What Mommy, what?" (acting very innocent while doing so)

When I ask him where Grandma and Grandpa live, he replies "Me-tah" instead of U-tah :)  When I ask him where he lives, he replies "Go Fi Yo."

Since getting rid of the binky a while back, he has become a blankie boy.  He has about 4 blankets he has to have with him at bedtime.  I think he is making this a trademark look...he's been posing like this a lot for me lately!
Oh how I love my little monster!

3 comments:

Taryn said...

He really is getting so big! I have always thought Tucker is such a good boy. He is never mean to other kids and is almost always happy! Love that little guy!

courtnihall said...

Adorable! HOw could you not love that little cutie? There is plenty of bull riding in good ol' O-Town in July... just a thought!

Trinity said...

He looks so much like Nate! I can't believe your baby is becoming a little boy. So cute!