Monday, August 23, 2010

Still Working On It

Do you remember my recent post about Tucker working on potty training?  We are still far from getting there, unfortunately.  About 2 weeks before Baby G's arrival, Tucker decided going on the potty chair wasn't fun anymore, and the prize was not worth it.  He is REFUSING to sit on the toilet whenever we ask him.  While my mom was here, she got him his first few pair of underwear.  He put them on and wore them around for a while.  He kept saying "No pee pee Mickey Mouse," so I thought it would get him to go on the toilet.  I think he forgot and ended up having an accident.  Oh well, one of these days!

Here he is trying to turn his underwear into a shirt

We will not give up....if anyone has any suggestions for potty training (especially little boys) I would be most appreciative for the advice!

5 comments:

Sam said...

Oh I feel for you Brit! It must be especially hard with the new little one there now.
I've tried a little bit with Maddie, but she really doesn't seem that interested in going on the "big girl potty" yet.
Patience, I guess :)

Sharstin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

Ah that's tough stuff... he will get it though! I obviously don't have any advice for potty training boys. They do say that girls are easier.. so I'll have to be asking your advice if I ever have a boy!

Love the picts of little Grayson as well.. you sure do have some cute little boys!

The Hess Family said...

Little Grayson is so cute and so tiny. I love his little hat. As far as potty training- Good luck! I potty trained Brandon about five times before it really stuck. I think the biggest thing is consistency. Just keep making him go and don't put him in diapers or pull-ups.

Dan and Jenn Tate said...

cheerios worked with Carter when Daniel tried to teach him to stand and pee...not recommended until older! what a yellow mess! keep at it and have designated potty time that you just go and sit on the potty.
Good luck! love the pic with the hat :)