Sunday, July 18, 2010

Oh the Things You Do For Kiddos :)

Let me take you back about 14 years ago...Daddy comes home with a new car for himself.  This car....


Fast forward to 1999...I turn 16 years old.  This is the car that I learn how to drive in.
Fast forward again to 2002...Daddy turns this car over to me.

Fast forward again to present day...I have to say goodbye to this car that I have had so many memories in.  I won't lie... I shed a tear as Nate drove my Rav away.  Farewell my loyal old friend.  I hope someone will treat you well!

Now...the reasoning behind the Rav leaving my life, child #2.  My friend the Rav is not very accomodating with one, let alone 2 carseats.  Two door cars are not family friendly by any means! 

Our other car is not the funnest for traveling, as we frequently do.  The 3 of us cram in our little sedan, trunk full, with Tucker in the backseat with luggage piled on either side of him.  It has made for some interesting road trips!

So the end of my story...I now have a "mommy" car.  It is a car I vowed I would NEVER own.  I remember telling many people that I would rather work full-time the rest of my life than drive one of these.  I am an SUV girl, there is no way around that.  At this point in life though, with our financial position being "poor college students", my choices were extremely limited.  After test driving cars and seeing what you get for your $$...I had to swallow my pride and we are now the owners of this....

The Honda Odyssey

Being inside the car, I really do like it.  You cannot beat the space and the storage in this thing!  As soon as I get out and look at it, it reminds me of what it actually is.  I am learning to be OK with driving a minivan.  Will I ever love it, probably not....but time will tell!  Tucker sure thinks it's the coolest thing on the planet with it's automatic sliding doors and all the space to run around....I'm glad at least one of us absolutely loves it!

Just to make fun of ourselves a little bit, I had to include this video.  If you need a good laugh...watch the Swagger Wagon.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Lol- so you & I have the exact same thoughts. Although I must admit, last year at the Honda dealership Brad was looking at Pilots and I was looking at Odyssey's. You can't beat the automatic doors. I always told myself if I got a minivan it would be black since you don't ever see black minivan's. That way it would trick people into thinking it wasn't a minivan! I'm a dork but your van looks way nice... Odyssey's are the best out there!

Lindsay said...

Ah Brit....you truly are a mom now =) I bet the van will be way nice for all the fun trips you are always going on. I bet it was sad to say goodbye to your little rav- on to bigger and better =)

Turok said...

haha..loved the video! agree with Em, if I had to get a minivan...it also would have been the Honda Odyssey. So excited to see baby boy #2

Robyn Maughan said...

ha ha ha, I laughed when I read that; not at you, but just because I know you and the story made me laugh. If I had to choose any van to drive around because I feel the same way you do about vans, it would definitely be a Honda Oddesy....I am a Honda girl through and through.

Alisa and Crowells said...

You guys have had a busy few months! Congrats to Nate! Robyn is right..can't go wrong with Honda--this Odyssey will last you! Congrats on baby number two!!! Where in the world have I been?! Very exciting!