Friday, July 30, 2010

Growing Up...

The last few weeks have brought about some changes for my "little" boy. 

Change #1...the "big boy bed."  It definitely took a while for him to get used to this one...not falling out of bed, trying to resist the urge to get out and play instead of attempting to go to sleep, jumping up and down, etc.  I took these pictures one Sunday after church when he did not get a nap and he took it upon himself to walk upstairs and put himself to sleep.


Change #2....bye bye binky. 

We have been 2 weeks binki free now, and that probably was the source of him not falling asleep at the appropriate time for many of the nights the last 2 weeks.  We are keeping our fingers crossed, the last few nights have been very peaceful.  We had been putting it off way too long, so it was a fortunate thing that we left the "bee pee" at his friends house and forced us to try a night without the binki.  All we had to was tell him his binki was at Lennix and Jensen's house, and he accepted that just fine. It definitely was a lot smoother than I had anticipated!

Change #3....poo poo chair. 

My little boy let me know he was ready for potty training, so the last week we've been working hard on it.  He is doing awesome! Today he went 4 times, without me even asking.  He even told us he had to go at church!  So if all goes well, I shouldn't have 2 kids in diapers for too long!

Tucker's "poo poo chair"...his throne.  When he pees in it, it makes music.  It is quite a party and an exciting moment each time!

The sticker chart....evertime he goes to the bathroom, he gets a sticker.  Right now he is working on getting a Bullseye to add to his Toy Story collection.  If he keeps it up like he has, it won't be long!


6 comments:

Turok said...

wahoo! it is a great day when you kid is potty trained...Go Tucker, GO!!

Lindsay said...

So many changes for cute little Tucker! That's great that he's doing so well at potty training- that will make life a lot easier for you!

Can't believe you're so close to having your baby!

HDVB said...

Wow - he IS growing up SO much! It was so great to see you Friday - sorry that Daniel and I weren't able to come on Saturday...and we had planned all week on going too!...sure do love you guys!

Kenzie said...

What a fun post to read. He looks so big in his big kid bed. We have also been binkie free for about two and a half weeks. We just told Brookie we lost it. I wish I could get her potty trained.. she just isnt interested in it yet.

AMY MICHELLE said...

Okay, seeing that your have started the potting training is going to put some pressure on me to start with Evan.
But maybe I will start once the girls are back in school. I love the chart idea! I am glad I found your blog. Hope you are feeling well and look forward to here about when baby comes!

Todd and Ashley said...

Those are all great changing events for the big boy. He will be a wonderful big brother. Hope you and the new little baby are doing great. What did you name him again?